Japanese Sweet Potato Rosemary Garlic Fries
Have you guys ever tried Japanese Sweet Potato Fries? If you haven't, you are missing OUT! They are incredibly tasty + they are full of potassium and Vitamin A. I have a true love for potatoes and these are at the top of my list.
Try this easy recipe. They keep nicely in the fridge and can be cut up tossed in soups, sautée, egg scrambles, burritos, tacos, or simply with a side of Primal Kitchen ketchup like I have them. Completely versatile, simply delicious.
1 Japanese sweet potato
1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced/pressed
1 stick fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1-2 tbsp evoo
Dash of sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 425.
2. Wash and lightly scrub your sweet potato, pat dry.
3. With a sharp knife, slice the ends off of the potato. Then cut in half length wise. Then slice the half in half length wise. Take your time! Now slice the quarters into vertical match sticks. About a fingers width. I like them this thick for the perfect potato bite.
4. Toss them in a bowl with the garlic, Rosemary, extra virgin olive oil, and dash of salt + pepper.
5. Lay out on a baking sheet to where they have room. (If they are too crowded they won't crisp up as well)
6. Set the timer for 15 minutes. Flip and bake another 6-8...i usually go 6 but you do you depending on where you fall on the crispy fry scale :)
Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and truffle oil to really take it...there. ;)