Macro Friendly Quesadillas
Hey, y'all! It's What The Fork Wednesday and I've got to brag on one of my favorite tortilla brands. FlatOut! I have been using these for a few years now and can't seem to let them go. The macros are killer. With 9g protein, 7 net carbs, and less than 2g of fat, you can't go wrong with these. The taste is great. And the best part, they hold up even when stuffed to the max. Also, price is nice. Usually $3 for 6.
They are fantastic as a casual wrap for anything and everything, grilled veggies with hummus, banana and melted peanut butter rolled up, perfect for breakfast burritos and deli wraps. Takes little to no time to throw something in these bad boys. But my faaaaavorite way to use these bad boys is in form of a quesadilla.
This particular quesadilla isn't your traditional one. Although I do use fajita meat, bell pepper, sweet onion, and smoked gouda cheese for a more traditional 'dilla most of the time...Today's has a lil' twist. I had some deli meat that needed to be used up so I chose that as my protein. As far as toppings, just some simple fresh ingredients I had on hand. Plus an awesome chipotle mustard spread to add some heat and flavor without extra fat and cals.
Check out the ingredients below:
- 1 Flatout multigrain Flax Wrap
- 3 oz nitrate free roast beef- 3 oz nitrate free chicken breast
- 1/2 hass avocado- 1 oz feta cheese
- 65g heirloom tomatoes- small bunch of spring lettuce- zesty sprouts
- Braswell's chipotle mustard
1. First I heat up a large non stick pan with about 1/2 tsp of Organic Valley ghee. Spread of around the pan and let it get hot on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
2. Spread the mustard & avocado (or mayo, ketchup, Greek yogurt, etc.) onto your tortilla.
3. Place tortilla onto hot skillet. You should hear a sizzle! Ohhhhh the sizzle :)))
4. Stack with remaining ingredients.
5. Carefully peek under the less stacked side of the tortilla to see if the char is enough for you to flip. Slowly flip one side of the tortilla over to the other. I use two spatulas for this part!!
6. Flip back and forth between sides until cheese has melted/to tortilla crispness desire.