Lamb Quinoa & Feta Stuffed Peppers
What The Fork Wednesday!
Lamb Quinoa & Feta Stuffed Peppers w Marinara
Who doesn't love something stuffed?? Stuffed peppers are so easy and can be made many different ways! Yall, you can stuff peppers with literally anything in the fridge or pantry. Eggs, any veg, protein, condiments, sauces, grains, beans, oh my. Anywho, I was reading to see what spices/herbs go well with lamb (I've been on a kick), & these ended up tasting awesome together. Lamb has an earthy, clean flavor that goes well with a lot of different vegetables and spices. I highly recommend!
Side note: these would be an awesome meal prep idea for lunches or dinners one week!
1 lb ground lamb
1 3/4 c. cooked quinoa (1/2 cup dry)
5-6 bell peppers tops off/cored
1 sweet onion
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp fresh mint
1 tbsp fresh dill
3/4 tsp ground all spice
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Juice of 1/2 lemon
28g (2oz) crumbled feta or goat cheese
2 cups homemade or favorite marina sauce
Baking pan, foil
- Preheat oven to 375 (also cook your quinoa now)
- Prep the bell peppers & onion. Dice up the onion and since the tops off of the bell peppers. Dice up the remaining part of the pepper tops.
- Heat up a pan with olive oil. After a couple of minutes, stir in the onions/peppers. Let 3-4 minutes pass, add garlic (pressed or minced). Sautée for another few minutes until soft and golden.
- In a large bowl, mix together onions/peppers mixture, mint, dill, salt, all spice, pepper, lemon juice. The add in lamb and cooked quinoa. Mix well. Fold in feta.
- Pour 1/2 of the marinara into a baking pan or sheet. Place the bell peppers upright on top of the marinara. Stuff the peppers with the mixture. Pour the remaining 1/2 (1 cup) of the marinara over the peppers. Top with a little extra cheese ;)
- Cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes-1 hour or until internal temp reaches 160 deg.
Enjoy! Come back next weekfor Cooking with Chels