Coconut Curry Rice
Hey y'all! Happy What The Fork Wednesday!
Today's recipe is one you'll wanna make alllll winter. Coconut Curry Jasmine Rice. If you like curry flavored food, you're gonna love this! I made it as a side to some orange chicken and it was deeeelicious. Any meat would be great on top. Or piled high with veggies. Either way, it's a great side dish to prep and have on hand during the week and SO easy to make!
Let's get started!
1 cup jasmine rice
1/2 medium sweet onion
1 1/4 TBSP butter (or ghee, or evoo, avocado oil, any day you like. I think butter tastes the best)
2 tsp quality curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp himalayan salt1-2 bay leaves
2 dates, finely chopped
1 cup full fat coconut milk (use light if youre watching fat/wanna cut some cals)
1/2 cup veggie or chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1. Heat up butter in a sautée pan on low/medium
2. Sautée onions and let em sweat. Maybe 3-4 minor until they are translucent.
3. Add in rice, curry powder, and turmeric. Cook the rice for 2-3 min. Get it nice and toasty, let the flavors seep in.
4. Pour all of the other ingredients in. Coconut milk, water, broth, dates, bay leaf, salt. Stir and turn the heat up. 5. Being to a boil. Cover with a tight lid. Turn heat back down to low so it can simmer.
6. In 20 minutes, rice is done! No peeking!