Chipotle Chicken & Spinach Sweet Potato Skins
Hey y'all! Happy What The Fork Wednesday!
Today's recipe is one of my main staples for meal prep. These Chipotle Chicken & Spinach Sweet Potato Skins are one of the simplest, healthiest, AND tastiest meals I make for the week. I never ever ever get tired of them!
Listen y'all. If you aren't stuffing potatoes with anything and everything in your fridge at least 3x a week...then you're doing it wrong.
Ha! But seriously. Pick a protein, a veg, a fat, some spices, mix mix mix, all piled up onto a complex carb, UM -- hello lovely macro meal!!! #DoYouEvenStuffBro??
The reason I love these for prep -- you can easily double the chipotle sauce /chicken and bam. Eight meals that'll go straight to your aaaabs. ;)
4 sweet potatoes
1 lb chicken breast SumacSmoked paprikaSalt & pepper Fresh spinach Pepper jack or mozzarella cheese
Chipotle Sauce:1 - 7oz can of chili peppers in Adobo
1 /4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
2 1/2 tsp chili powder1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp oregano
2 T fresh squeezed lime juice
1/2 tsp salt & pepper
1. Start by baking your sweet potato. I bake mine in a 375 degree oven for about an hour to an hour fifteen, until it's realllll soft.
2. In the meantime, pan grill your chicken. Heat up a TBSP of oil in a pan on medium. All you need to do is sprinkle A little of each spice onto the rounded side of the chicken breast. Rub in and pat down the flavors.(Sumac, smoked paprika, salt & pep).
3. Using tongs, lay each breast spice rubbed side down onto the oil. Dear for 3-4 minutes and flip. Cover with a lid for a few more minutes until internal temp reaches 165.
4. While the chicken is on its last few minutes, wilt your spinach in a small pan on low heat.5. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before slicing; time to make da sauce.
5. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before slicing; time to make da sauce.
6. Chop up the canned chipotle peppers. Mix with evoo, spices, and lime juice. I also use the chipotle juice out of the can. If you don't like spicy, maybe just start with 1/2 the can of peppers!
7. Slice and dice your chicken, mix together with the spinach and sauce.
8. Whenever the sweet potato reaches your desired softness level, stuff that bad boy with 1/4 of your delicious chipotle spinach chicken mixture, top with your fav cheese, pop back into the oven to just barely melt the cheese, and you're done!
***Notes: I just recently fell in love with Sumac and smoked paprika blend. You can use any kind of spices for your chicken! Just salt and pepper tastes amazing if you don't have any on hand.